SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Creator Tools team at SXM/Pandora builds tools and services used by a diverse set of content creators – from Artists and Labels, to Podcasters, to Playlist Curators, and more. We facilitate the people who create SXM/Pandora’s world class listening experience.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding leadership skills, be obsessed with execution, possess expert level skill at delivering software with multiple external dependencies, and place a high value on automated testing and production quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of approximately 10 full-stack engineers, providing continuous career guidance, annual performance reviews, and handling compensation decisions
- Ensure the engineers are happy and engaged.
- Ensure high quality shippable software deliverables are produced on a regular schedule
- Manage the team in a manner than facilitates long term planning and coordination with multiple external stakeholders
- Be process agnostic (we sometimes plan in a waterfall hybrid model)
- Support operational software systems in a multi-tenant, highly available system deployment
- Recruit and grow software development teams
People manager for approximately 10 engineers
- 2+ years of cumulative software development leadership at a manager, senior manager or director level
- Experience in delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- You record and release music, either currently or previously
- You were or are currently in a band – any style of music
- You are involved in Broadcast Radio – either as a host or engineering
- Thorough knowledge of Atlassian tools and Google Docs
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.